Evaluation license, multiple jira versions

Marco Campeotto August 20, 2018

Hi All!

I am here again. :)

I have an Evaluation License and I would like to know if it is possible to use the same Evaluation license for 2 Jira server instances but different versions (6.4.14 and 7.11.0).

I try to explain the situation.

With the currently our IT architecture it is possible to implement the 6.4.14 Jira server very quickly, that's why we are evaluating the 6.4.14 version.

But I would like to evaluate the 7.11.0 version to get in-touch with the differences and possibility, if we will update the IT architecture.

So,

1)is it possible to use one Evaluation license for 2 Jira server instances but different versions at the same time?

2) is it possible to use one Evaluation license for 2 Jira server with different versions but 2 different times? (before to evaluate the 6.4.14 - install Jira, evaluate the features, evaluate add-ons in 3 weeks and after uninstall Jira 6.4.14 and install Jira 7.11.0 and repeat the study etc.)

thank you for all,
Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2018

Hello @Marco Campeotto

Please see here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/billing-and-licensing-evaluator-resources/licensing/do-we-need-extra-licenses-for-multiple-instances-of-software-installation-on-a-single-server

You can use more than one license for production instance. If you are a paying customer you can get developer license for same version in the "my atlassian" account. 

But in your case you want to explore 7.11 version then why not just download and create a new evaluation license instead of trying to use the one from 6.4.14 version.

I am a bit surprised that you are still evaluating such an old JIra version 6.4.14 so many new features and improvements have been released in the meantime on newer versions of Jira. 

Suggest an answer