Evaluation License for a dev server?

Joanne March 11, 2015

We have just purchased a license for JIRA and Agile add-on, we have two servers development and production.  However, the license I guess is for the production one but we also want to install it on our development server?  It mentions using an evaluation license but how long is this valid for - is there a maximum? Or are there other options?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2015

Hi Joanne!

According to what's mentioned on our Purchasing & Licensing FAQ, having a valid commercial license for JIRA, you can generate a Developer license which can be used to spin up a staging instance.

See the steps below for instructions on how to proceed with this:

1. Log in to My Atlassian.
  2. Click the '+' sign of your Atlassian product, your account management screen will display.
  3. In the Actions section click "View Developer License."
  4. Review the Developer License agreement.
  5. Finally click "View" to agree. A license key will be presented. Copy and paste this key into your development server.

warning This license can only be generated by someone who has been setup as Technical Contact for the license

information You can generate more than one license in case you need multiple instances for testing purposes. The only limitation imposed to this license is to not have it used to spin up any kind of production environment.

Let me know if you need any additional clarification on this. wink

Cheers!

Joao

Joanne March 11, 2015

Thank you for the detail - that's what I was looking for!

0 votes
Jonathan Muse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

Atlassian now offers development licenses for non-production servers. You can access the dev license by logging into my.atlassian.com. Under your license, in the actions section, there is a link to get the dev license.

Joanne March 11, 2015

Great thanks!

Suggest an answer