Evaluating Jira Service Desk

Chiara Squilloni November 29, 2017

Hi everyone.

Here in my small company are using Jira since two years.

We use jira also for customare service. For example we have in the same project 2 different workflows that allows either customare service and develop team to work on same issues.

Now we are evaluating to jump to jira service desk but I have two unresolved answers:

1. Is jira service desk some kind of addons? After we buy it we have to administrate jira service desk and jira in the same place? Will I have to change my projects with customare service workflow in a jira service desk workflow?

2. It is possibile to build a simple knowelde base for the customare care collegues, in order to troubleshooting customare calls or emails within jira service desk?

I will be thankful if anybody would share their experience about this kind of "migration" from the "simple" jira to jira service desk.

Best regards,

Chiara Squilloni

QA Manager at SardegnaIT

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2017

Hello, 

1. You can install Jira Service Desk as Add-on to your current installation. You administer Jira Service Desk and Jira in the same place. You do not have to change your current projects. You will create a different project or projects for Jira Service Desk. That is all.

2. If you have Confluence tt is possible to build a simple knowledge base for customers. Jira Service Desk has integration with Confluence. If you have Confluence then you can use it. If you do not have Confluence, you would need to buy additional licenses for Confluence.

There is nothing special about migration. Actually there is no migration at all. You just install Service Desk to the current Jira installation and create a new Service Desk project.

Thank you so much Alexey for the reply.

Alexey I saw this article https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-service-desk/how-to-create-knowledge-base-jira-service-desk-confluence

Here I find that "Confluence knowledge base is now free to Jira Service Desk customers "

So do I need to buy also Confluence to build a knowledge base with jira service desk.

Thank you so much for the feedback about the "migration", we have to take care also of the cost to keep jira service desk on.

Suggest an answer