Evaluating JIRA and Fisheye but can't see "source" activity tab on project page

Gary Taylor July 24, 2012

I'm currently evaluating JIRA and Fisheye on Windows as a replacement for an existing Change-Request and Change-Control system (ie. it managed source code changes and let you link checkins with change-requests (aka issues/bugs)).

I've installed both and have linked JIRA and Fisheye and have a project link between my JIRA project and my Fisheye repositary. In JIRA (/admin/ViewFishEyeConfig.jspa) I see my Fisheye repo and my Mapped JIRA project listed correctly in the "Fisheye Entity Mappings" section. I also see repo activity in my JIRA activity stream, so it looks like the two things are talking to each other.

When viewing an issue in my JIRA project, however, I don't see any "source" tab, or any way of linking my repo commits to this activity.

I've read about the smart comments when doing a commit, but that doesn't really meet our requirements because it a) lets you commit without a related issue, and b) is open to mistakes by simple mistyping.

How do I link commits from my repo in Fisheye to an issue in JIRA?

Thanks,

Gary

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gary Taylor July 24, 2012

Thanks Jobin, but it's already set. Got it on Developers project role (of which I'm a member) and also on Anyone for good measure. I added it to my individual user too, and logged out and back in again, but when I view my issue the "source" tab still ain't showing up.

Reading other questions, I've also tried disabling and re-enabling the fisheye plugin, and have stopped and restarted JIRA and Fisheye.

However, I've just found and followed the instructions at the very end of this question here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18918/fisheye-and-jira-integration-no-source-tab-in-jira

ie. deleting the app links and recreating them in Fisheye, and the "source" tab now appears in JIRA. Phew.

Thanks.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Make sure you have the "View Version Control" permission.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Suggest an answer