Evaluate a field has a specific value

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Does anyone know of a plugin that will allow us to evaluate that a field has a specific value as part of a transition validator so that the transition can be executed if that field does not have that value?

For example, we need for the user to agree to a statement before they can submit.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

It is probably best to use a workflow condition instead of validator. Show the transition only if the condition is satisfied.

You can use https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowConditions-ValueFieldCondition

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

I did consider that. My concern was the user not knowing why they cannot submit. At least with the submit, and having it fail, they know why. I've worked around it be removing the option of No to the answer so that it defaults to None and all they can do is answer Yes. But, I would prefer the option.

But, good idea.

Suggest an answer