Estimates from planned time

Jamie Bell September 11, 2013

Hi we're using Tempo for time tracking & obviously a big component of this is adding 'planned' time to our dev staff against projects. However with estimates added to issues (within a version) & the planned resource time allocated to staff working on the project, that should be able to give a clear estimate (for that point in time) of when the version work should be completed with that resource planned against it. However, I've not seen anywhere this can be accessed simply. Is it not a common thing?

I'd think estimated issue time for a version, divided by planned resource time as added to timesheets, would be easy to give an expected delivery date which you'd then compare against your version end date & see if you needed more resource to meet that. Could you please advise? As it seems too simple a thing to not be available somewhere. Thanks!

Jamie

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jamie Bell September 17, 2013

Hmm. Ok, thanks Vioar.

Can anyone else help with how they get around this issue currently? We have some great tools at our disposal here, but I still have no estimate for delivery that isn't just a rough guess? I can always do the math myself, but just there must be a easier way...

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

Hi Jamie,

Tempo Timesheets does not provide forecasts but that is something we aim to solve in Tempo Planner.

Cheers,
Viðar

Suggest an answer