In JIRA, we have a parent issue with 26 sub-tasks. We've estimated our sub-tasks and on the parent we see a total estimation of 1338h but if we sum the sub-tasks manually we arrive at 1408h. Also, if we run a time-tracking report, it also shows 1408h as total estimation.
On the parent issue, it also says 1180h30m as remaining and 177h as booked time. The sum of those is 1357h30m. So it's not even close to the shown total estimation or the real total estimation.
How can we get the estimation information correct on the parent task?
The parent task should be showing you six numbers, although this is three at a time.
Can you go to the plain issue view of the parent task and give us the
from the "time" box with the bars in it.
Then toggle the "include subtasks" check and give us the numbers they change to.
Thank you for your reply!
We are looking on the normal task. There is no estimation/remaining/logged time. All numbers are 0.
If I check the box the estimated becomes 1338h, 1161h30m for the remaining and 177h for the logged. (I've updated the remaining time on some sub-tasks so now they are in line)
The total is still wrong unfortunately.
This is the screenshot from the parent task:
and this is from the report (exported to excel and divided by 60 to get hours). As you can see none of the 3 numbers match:
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in talking to 20 people planning t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs