Escalation of ticket/issue in jira

nidhi sharma June 9, 2015

Hi Team,

My requirement is to Create a project and  in which we will be having one more button escalate on issue view screen, when we click on button it should escalate issue to any other project with the same details.

I am trying to find a plugin, API or any script which can help me to create a button when we click on it , it should escalate that issue in any other project with same details.

Can you please help me with it?

Regards, Nidhi

3 answers

3 votes
Lenny Emmerton October 27, 2016

Hello Nidhi, if you require a plugin that gives you an 'Escalate' option on the view screen then please look at Elevator for JIRA. This plugin gives you the ability to create and assign users to tiered rosters that are hourly, daily, weekly, monthly ect across all your projects. When issues are escalated users will be alerted via email and Hipchat that an issue is assigned to them.    

Elevator for JIRA is also integrated with JIRA workflow, so we could create a transition step that the user could select within the issue which in turn will invoke Elevator for JIRA to assign to the required user. I hope this helps.

Regards

Lenny Emmerton

2 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

You just have to create a transition named "Escalate this Issue" or some sort. Then on this transition, you can create a post-function to fire an "Escalate Issue Event" which will send custom emails (read this https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+custom+event). You can also create your own custom email in the post-function using the scriptrunner plugin. Optionally, you can create a Subscription too so that issues with "Escalated" status to send emails to certain groups of people every now and then as info (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email)

1 vote
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hello Nidhi!

What do you mean by escalate issue to another project? If you just need to transfer the issue with the same details to another project, you can move your issue while in the view screen.

Regards,

Rodrigo Rosa

Suggest an answer