Escalated Notification of P1 tickets

Rathna April 17, 2014

Hi all:

Thanks in advance. Below is the senario...

A project x has 20 Priority 1 tickets assigned different assignees and 5 of the assignees did not update their tickets in the last four hours (may be seriously working hard to fix the problem).

Is there a way to notify the Assignee and cc the same email to the Director, and the Team Lead that there is no update in the past 4 hrs.

5 answers

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Awesome! Can you elaborate as to what you did? I'm curious.

0 votes
Rathna June 15, 2014

I have found a way and fixed this issue...

0 votes
Rathna April 17, 2014

Hi Jobin,

With above said, is there a possibility for the below senario...

I have 10 developers working on P1 Issues and I would like to know if there is a way to send an consolidated email based on the assigness to the manager. Such as 10 Emails listing all the issues assigned to the respected assignees and cc their managers.

0 votes
Rathna April 17, 2014

Hi Jobin,

Appreciate the quick responce. I have created a filter and its already running so that the assignee receives the notification every 4 hours. The catch is the director wants to be CCed on that email which goes to the assignee from the filter subscription so does Team lead.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

Ouch! You are looking at a custom plugin to do that. Maybe Email This issue plugin? I haven't tried this use case but worth a look.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2014

The first step will be to create a filter for these tickets. Something like:

project = XYZ and priority = "Blocker" and resolution = Unresolved and updated <= -4h

If you want to escalate these issues, you will have to do something like this but an easier option might be to just subscribe this filter to a group. This will send mail to everyone in the group though and not just assignee and leads.

Suggest an answer