Escalated Notification of P1 tickets

Hi all:

Thanks in advance. Below is the senario...

A project x has 20 Priority 1 tickets assigned different assignees and 5 of the assignees did not update their tickets in the last four hours (may be seriously working hard to fix the problem).

Is there a way to notify the Assignee and cc the same email to the Director, and the Team Lead that there is no update in the past 4 hrs.

5 answers

0 vote

The first step will be to create a filter for these tickets. Something like:

project = XYZ and priority = "Blocker" and resolution = Unresolved and updated <= -4h

If you want to escalate these issues, you will have to do something like this but an easier option might be to just subscribe this filter to a group. This will send mail to everyone in the group though and not just assignee and leads.

Hi Jobin,

Appreciate the quick responce. I have created a filter and its already running so that the assignee receives the notification every 4 hours. The catch is the director wants to be CCed on that email which goes to the assignee from the filter subscription so does Team lead.

Ouch! You are looking at a custom plugin to do that. Maybe Email This issue plugin? I haven't tried this use case but worth a look.

Hi Jobin,

With above said, is there a possibility for the below senario...

I have 10 developers working on P1 Issues and I would like to know if there is a way to send an consolidated email based on the assigness to the manager. Such as 10 Emails listing all the issues assigned to the respected assignees and cc their managers.

I have found a way and fixed this issue...

Awesome! Can you elaborate as to what you did? I'm curious.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

168 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you