Escalate severity and/or priorities by keywords in the subject line

Phet Phosy March 7, 2016

Hi folks,

Does anyone have any recommendations to what plugins to use if we want to escalate keywords like "Urgent" or "Critical" in the subject line from an email so the ticket transitions into a severity ticket then the escalated teams are paged/emailed, etc?  Any plugins out there that does this?

thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Phet Phosy March 7, 2016

Thanks @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] and @Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] ... this is great info!  I'll try out JEMH in my dev instance and will look into the post function for groovy script validation.  Is there documentation to get the groovy script to post-function after it gets created @Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA]?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

Another option is to add a "post-function" in the "Create" issue event that will update the priority based on the result of groovy script validation. There are a few add-ons around that can do it like the ScriptRunner, JMWE, JSU.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

You need to write or find an email handler add-on that can parse the subject and set the priority for you.

I always go to the JEMH add-on for this sort of thing, because I know it can do it (and lots more).  JETI might be able to handle it too, but I've not tried it.

Suggest an answer