Errors running JIRA CLI 2.5.0

Deleted user May 21, 2012

I am trying to run some simple JIRA CLI command and getting errors I don't understand.

I am using JIRA 4.4.4

CLI 2.5.0

Any help would be appreciated. I get this will all commands I use. I have setup the batch to my server and a user that has authority.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\atlassian-cli-2.5.0>jira --action getServerInfo
0    [main] ERROR org.apache.axis.client.Call  - Exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was try
ing to deserialize.
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializer.onStartChild(SimpleDeserializer.java:145)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)
        at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializerImpl.startElement(DeserializerImpl.java:369)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.startElement(BeanDeserializer.java:154)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1048)
        at org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)
        at org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:236)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:384)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2467)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
        at org.swift.common.soap.jira.JirasoapserviceV2SoapBindingStub.getServerInfo(JirasoapserviceV2SoapBindingStub.ja
va:3763)
        at org.swift.jira.cli.JiraClient.getRemoteServerInfo(JiraClient.java:257)
        at org.swift.jira.cli.JiraClient.getServerInfo(JiraClient.java:1004)
        at org.swift.jira.cli.JiraClient.handleRequest(JiraClient.java:431)
        at org.swift.common.cli.AbstractRemoteClient.process(AbstractRemoteClient.java:119)
        at org.swift.common.cli.CliClient.doWork(CliClient.java:299)
        at org.swift.jira.cli.JiraClient.main(JiraClient.java:146)

Remote error: ; nested exception is:
        org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it
 was trying to deserialize.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlassian\atlassian-cli-2.5.0>

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 25, 2012

This problem is not directly solved but it is isolated.

We are using Go2Groups SFDC plugin with JIRA.

If I use the BobSwift JIRA CLI and try to update an issue that is connected with the SFDC plugin the first update works but then the soap interface dies in JIRA.

We do not need to use the CLI with those issues so we avoid it.

In the rare case I use the CLI to update those issues I can do it by disabling the SFDC plugin, run the CLI commands and then reenable the SFDC plugin. That prevents the soap interface from crashing.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012
This is a JIRA server issue handing soap requests. Check your server logs for hints or go to atlassian support. And others have reported that sometimes a JIRA restart fixes problems similar to this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events