Errors in fisheye jira integration on the source tab.

z October 25, 2012

We had problems in the fisheye integration with Jira -- the Jira wanted to connect to all repositories configured in fisheye, which was not successful beacuse of access rights configured in fisheye. Then this error messages were displayed on the source tab. A lot of FORBIDDEN errors. Which also appeared in the log file.

The solution for this was to enable the jira-fisheye plugin Disable Unmapped Projects option.

I have just now read in the new fisheye plugin (5.0.10) that this option was removed:

"This option has been removed. Effectively it disables the Source/Reviews tabs if you do not have Entity Links configured. With FishEye 2.9, we discourage the use of Entity Links. If you wish to hide the Source/Reviews tabs for a given project, you can do this via the Project level permission scheme with the View Source permission."

Does this mean that the above error messages were also removed?

If the entity links are discouraged then how will the plugin determine which repositories and crucible projects are available to the user. It will parse every repository to see the if the user has right to it?

That seems to me a bit too wasteful of server time and resources.

If the Entity Links are there then only one or a few repositories/projects must be checked.

1 answer

0 votes
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

The new plugin uses cross-repository search REST API endpoint to query all repos at once, and this endpoint does, indeed, check user's access rights. I believe that Atlassian made that quite efficient.

Entity links are a nightmare to maintain, actually, if you have a lot of projects.

Suggest an answer