Error while submitting issue

hachi May 27, 2013

When I create issue, the following error displays:

Create Issue

Step 2 of 2: Enter the details of the issue....

!Errors

Then some code..

The issues are getting created but it shows this error instead of going directly to the Issue once its created

10 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

Hi Pooja,

Do you have any custom post-functions in your workflow, specifically the post-function in the Create Issue step? The ordering of the post-functions may be incorrect. Is the post-function order sequence doing any actions on the issue before the issue creation stage?

hachi May 27, 2013

Hi Joe,

Yes I had custom post-functions in create issue type. And you were right, I changed the ordering and now it is working perfect! Thanks a lot!

0 votes
hachi May 27, 2013

Errors

• java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.notifyTrackbacks(DefaultIssueManager.java:395) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:379) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:326) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor914.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592) at com.atlassian.util.profiling.object.ObjectProfiler.profiledInvoke(ObjectProfiler.java:71) at com.atlassian.jira.config.component.SwitchingInvocationHandler.invoke(SwitchingInvocationHandler.java:28) at $Proxy3.createIssue(Unknown Source) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.createIssue(CreateIssueDetails.java:141) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.doExecute(CreateIssueDetails.java:110) at
0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

Hi Pooja,

Perhaps you could use some of the free image hosters available online, for example, http://postimage.org/, or http://tinypic.com/

0 votes
hachi May 27, 2013

Errors

• java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.notifyTrackbacks(DefaultIssueManager.java:395) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:379) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:326) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor914.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592) at com.atlassian.util.profiling.object.ObjectProfiler.profiledInvoke(ObjectProfiler.java:71) at com.atlassian.jira.config.component.SwitchingInvocationHandler.invoke(SwitchingInvocationHandler.java:28) at $Proxy3.createIssue(Unknown Source) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.createIssue(CreateIssueDetails.java:141) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.doExecute(CreateIssueDetails.java:110) at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:153) at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:54) at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:132) at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraServletDispatcher.service(JiraServletDispatcher.java:178) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188) at com.atlassian.core.filters.HeaderSanitisingFilter.doFilter(HeaderSanitisingFilter.java:44) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215) at
0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

If you can make the error pop up again you can select, copy and then paste here, in order to have some idea what could be wrong.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2013

In most cases, the text of the error(s) is better than an attached picture.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

First of all have you tried to do a reindex to the instance?

hachi May 27, 2013

No I haven't. Can I reindex just one project or I have to reindex JIRA?

0 votes
hachi May 27, 2013

How do I paste the image here? I've taken a print screen of the error but I don't know how I can share it on this site.

0 votes
hachi May 27, 2013

I am unable to paste the image here.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013

what is the error message displaying on logs ? and also can you share the complete error message?

Suggest an answer