Error while submitting issue

When I create issue, the following error displays:

Create Issue

Step 2 of 2: Enter the details of the issue....

!Errors

Then some code..

The issues are getting created but it shows this error instead of going directly to the Issue once its created

10 answers

1 accepted

1 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team May 27, 2013

Hi Pooja,

Do you have any custom post-functions in your workflow, specifically the post-function in the Create Issue step? The ordering of the post-functions may be incorrect. Is the post-function order sequence doing any actions on the issue before the issue creation stage?

Hi Joe,

Yes I had custom post-functions in create issue type. And you were right, I changed the ordering and now it is working perfect! Thanks a lot!

what is the error message displaying on logs ? and also can you share the complete error message?

I am unable to paste the image here.

How do I paste the image here? I've taken a print screen of the error but I don't know how I can share it on this site.

First of all have you tried to do a reindex to the instance?

No I haven't. Can I reindex just one project or I have to reindex JIRA?

0 votes

In most cases, the text of the error(s) is better than an attached picture.

If you can make the error pop up again you can select, copy and then paste here, in order to have some idea what could be wrong.

Errors

• java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.notifyTrackbacks(DefaultIssueManager.java:395) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:379) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:326) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor914.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592) at com.atlassian.util.profiling.object.ObjectProfiler.profiledInvoke(ObjectProfiler.java:71) at com.atlassian.jira.config.component.SwitchingInvocationHandler.invoke(SwitchingInvocationHandler.java:28) at $Proxy3.createIssue(Unknown Source) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.createIssue(CreateIssueDetails.java:141) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.doExecute(CreateIssueDetails.java:110) at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:153) at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:54) at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:132) at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraServletDispatcher.service(JiraServletDispatcher.java:178) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188) at com.atlassian.core.filters.HeaderSanitisingFilter.doFilter(HeaderSanitisingFilter.java:44) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215) at
0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team May 27, 2013

Hi Pooja,

Perhaps you could use some of the free image hosters available online, for example, http://postimage.org/, or http://tinypic.com/

Errors

• java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.notifyTrackbacks(DefaultIssueManager.java:395) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:379) at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:326) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor914.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592) at com.atlassian.util.profiling.object.ObjectProfiler.profiledInvoke(ObjectProfiler.java:71) at com.atlassian.jira.config.component.SwitchingInvocationHandler.invoke(SwitchingInvocationHandler.java:28) at $Proxy3.createIssue(Unknown Source) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.createIssue(CreateIssueDetails.java:141) at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.doExecute(CreateIssueDetails.java:110) at

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,870 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot