Error while doing project import

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

HI All

Today while performing project import on jira. I received this error and the project import failed. Can anyone please help me debug this error.

2013-05-17 05:30:52,309 ProjectImport: CreateChangeItems-1 ERROR aih 322x26518x1 ryxu6i 127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSummary.jspa [jira.imports.project.DefaultProjectImportPersister] DataAccessException occured while trying to create Entity type 'ChangeItem' . {newvalue=6, oldstring=Verified, field=status, id=null, fieldtype=jira, newstring=Closed, oldvalue=100, group=534}
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Exception while inserting the following entity: [GenericEntity:ChangeItem][field,status][oldstring,Verified][newvalue,6][id,825][fieldtype,jira][oldvalue,10001][newstring,Closed][group,534] (Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.))
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.createValue(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:366)
at com.atlassian.jira.imports.project.DefaultProjectImportPersister.createEntity(DefaultProjectImportPersister.java:177)
at com.atlassian.jira.imports.project.handler.ChangeItemPersisterHandler$1.run(ChangeItemPersisterHandler.java:54)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.concurrent.BoundedExecutor$1.run(BoundedExecutor.java:42)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Exception while inserting the following entity: [GenericEntity:ChangeItem][field,status][oldstring,Verified][newvalue,6][id,825][fieldtype,jira][oldvalue,10][newstring,Closed][group,534] (Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.))
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.insert(GenericDAO.java:117)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.create(GenericHelperDAO.java:63)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.create(GenericDelegator.java:480)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.create(GenericDelegator.java:460)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericValue.create(GenericValue.java:77)
at com.atlassian.core.ofbiz.util.EntityUtils.createValue(EntityUtils.java:64)
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.createValue(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:362)
... 6 more
2013-05-17 05:30:52,309 ProjectImport: CreateChangeItems-6 WARN aich 322x26518x1 ryxu6i 127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSummary.jspa [ofbiz.core.entity.SequenceUtil] [SequenceUtil.SequenceBank.fillBank]: Unable to esablish a connection with the database... Error was:
2013-05-17 05:30:52,309 ProjectImport: CreateChangeItems-6 WARN aich 322x26518x1 ryxu6i 127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSummary.jspa [ofbiz.core.entity.SequenceUtil] Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
2013-05-17 05:30:52,309 ProjectImport: CreateChangeItems-1 WARN aich 322x26518x1 ryxu6i 127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSummary.jspa [ofbiz.core.entity.SequenceUtil] [SequenceUtil.SequenceBank.fillBank]: Unable to esablish a connection with the database... Error was:
2013-05-17 05:30:52,309 ProjectImport: CreateChangeItems-1 WARN aich 322x26518x1 ryxu6i 127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSummary.jspa [ofbiz.core.entity.SequenceUtil] Communications link failure

3 answers

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

Hi Rahul,

You might be experiencing same issue as reported here try increasing the database wait_timeout parameter. Should the problem persist, attach or paste the contents of HOME/dbconfig.xml file removing the username and passsword of your database config

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

The stacktrace points to a DB connection issue, strange though that it's using a timeout of 0ms. What are you using (drivers, DB) where is it? Any other "strange issues"?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Any suggestions anyone? I tried importing another project with smaller size and it imported fine.

Suggest an answer