Error while adding gadget to Dashboard

Marco Hendrikse August 21, 2017

I get the following error message when trying to add the 'Filter counts' gadget to a dashboard:

'Unknown error occured initializing this gadget'

Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

I'd want to ask the provider of the gadget, and check the logs for any obvious errors.

Thanks for the reply.

The gadget is signed with 'By Atlassian • Local', so I assumed it's a standard Jira gadget and not made by an external provider.

We use Jira in the Cloud so I don't think I have acces to any logs unfortunately.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Ok.  I don't recognise "filter counts" as a standard Atlassian gadget - could you give us the actual name of it?

That is the actual name:

627765.jpg

Amanda Smith August 30, 2017

I see the same error - is this new gadget not available for the cloud?

Steven Craft September 5, 2017

I also see this error. Also on Jira cloud, and also see it is marked as an "Atlassian | Local" gadget.

I'm just setting up the system dashboard, and I've added a couple other gadgets successfully. This one gave me the error immediately.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2017

Yep, I'm getting too, on one of the Cloud accounts I help out with.  But not two of hte others.

I've raised it with Atlassian support - I think you should do the same.  ( Https://support.atlassian.com/contact )

Marco Hendrikse September 6, 2017

Thanks, I've added a support ticket.

Marco Hendrikse September 6, 2017

The problem is known and can be found here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-67489

I did get a workaround, I've tested it and it works:

There is workaround available which is to enable and disable the JIRA Service Desk application on your cloud instance. Do note though that by using this workaround, your Free Trial for service desk will be used up. In case you have no plans to use JIRA Service Desk on this cloud instance, please do go ahead with the workaround.

• Go to your Discover New Applications page
  • Enable the Free Trial fro JIRA Service Desk.
  • Deactivate JIRA Service Desk via your Manage Applications page
  • The Filter Count should now work in your dashboard.
Steven Craft September 6, 2017

This is NOT a workaround. It worked as long as I had Jira Service Desk activated (presumably would've worked for the whole 30 days), but as soon as I deactivated the trial it showed the same error.

Marco Hendrikse September 7, 2017

Yes, I've noticed that too. I've already notified Jira support this is not an effecient workaround.

Suggest an answer