Error when using Confluence and Jira Connector

Ameen Belbahri May 21, 2014

When using the Confluence and JIRA Connector on our confluence page, half the time I get an error:

SPP-169 has been created, but there is a problem in adding it to the page. You can manually add it later using JIRA macro.

At first it seemed like it was happening when I selected too much text, but now it seems to happen even if I select small amounts of text. I do have permissions to edit the page.

Any ideas?

7 answers

1 vote
Kristof Vandermeersch January 7, 2015

In our experience, this error happens when you select other things than simple text.

In other words, make sure you only select plain text in your Confluence pageimage2015-1-7 16:24:58.png and then click the "Create JIRA issue" button.

Make sure there are no hyperlinks or so in the selected text.

Tester- Amy October 23, 2018

Correct, but is this the intended behaviour or is it a bug?

0 votes
Arraaf Mochny May 7, 2020

This is not an answer yet but FYI CONFSERVER-41167 remains an open bug...

0 votes
Kilian Lenz November 30, 2018

I have exactly the same problem and still over 100 issues to link. That cost me a lot of time to add this links all manually.

0 votes
Christian Reiter October 26, 2014

I have the problem also, it's very annoying.
What can I do about it? 

0 votes
Bryan Smilk July 5, 2014

Can you provide a screenshot of App Link Config? Please also detail what is listed under the "Trusted Tab".

0 votes
timmeade July 4, 2014

We are seeing the same problem. Was hoping for answer.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2014

Hi Ameen,

I could not find much about this message.

What does appear in Confluence logs just after you create the issue?

Suggest an answer