Error when turning on email on Service Desk

Manuel Dias January 25, 2015

Hi all,

We want to allow our customers to create issues on Service Desk, by automatically sending emails to a given active Service Desk project.

But when I try to activate email requests on JIRA Service Desk (Service Desk->Project XXX->Settings->Channels->Email settings->Email requests: Turn it on), I get the following error:

Error when turning on email

Failed to establish connection to the Atlassian Cloud mail store

Is this the right procedure? Do I have to make any pre-configuration on ServiceDesk/JIRA to enable this?

Regards,

Manuel Dias

6 answers

0 votes
Rob Collins March 20, 2015

Hi - Same issue here, any news on a fix? We don't want to try work around for fear of loosing our service desks.

Regards

Rob

0 votes
Oliver Sarfas January 30, 2015

Same issue as well

0 votes
Howie Cheney January 29, 2015

Hello,

We're having the same issue with our Service Desk.

I tried the Disable/Enable workaround - luckily our Service Desk came back - however, it did not clear the Email Store Connection Error.

Is this a generic problem with the Cloud Platform?

Is there an ETA for remediation?

Thanks,

Howie

0 votes
Kevin Ramm January 29, 2015

Having the same issue, is this a bug?

0 votes
Arnold Macauley January 26, 2015

Hi Manuel,

After some further searching I found this link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Troubleshooting+issues+with+the+email+channel?focusedCommentId=703400249#comment-703400249

Workaround: Disable and re-enable Service Desk

Steps:

1. go to, Manage add-ons
  2. search for, Service Desk
  3. select, Disable
  4. select, Enable
  5. After completed, turn on email for the desired Service Desk.

Thanks

Worked for me - hopefully it will resolve your issue too.

Arnold

Deleted user January 29, 2015

Note for other users: trying this caused us to lose JIRA Service Desk entirely. Now trying to resolve with Atlassian Support

Benjamin Dyer February 4, 2015

Sadly I have the same issue here ;(

Christian Fredriksson [Mogul] February 5, 2015

We had the same problem here as well. Service Desk gone, after disable/enable

0 votes
Arnold Macauley January 26, 2015

Hi Manuel, We are having the same issue: I tried to activate email requests by heading too: Service Desk -> [Project] -> Settings -> Channels -> Email settings -> Email Requests -> Clicked turn it on and received an error message: "Failed to establish connection to the Atlassian Cloud mail store" Were you able to get this resolved?

Suggest an answer