Error when trying to export JIRA filter as XML to get URL for JIRA Macro in Confluence.

Deleted user July 29, 2013

Hello all, I have been trying to test the functionality of the JIRA Macro in Confluence so we can have ticket issue streams of different filters. However, when I set a filter, and choose Export --> XML in JIRA, the page takes while to load and I get "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." with a whole mess of code below. Therefore, the does not allow me to use the URL in the macro. The IT guy where I work just updated JIRA to 6.0.4 and it is now in production, with the same results.

Despite this error, I use the URL in the macro and I get this:

Any help would be appreciated!

2 answers

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

Hi Melvin,

Do you have a proxy in your environment? Maybe the request are being modified by proxy. Try to check the XML file, and see if it's fine. If not, try to bypass the proxy and do the test again.

Cheers,
WZ

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

Is the application links set up?

Deleted user July 29, 2013

No, and I know this would prevent the JIRA Macro from working. But before I have someone with administrator access add a link, I am wondering if there is still a problem with the way JIRA is trying to export the XML.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events