Error when trying to add watchers to issue in with Scriptrunner built-in postfunction

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

I am using create subtask ScriptRunner PostFunction (latest version of the plugin).

All works OK, except when I try to add watchers to the newly created SUBTASK.

As part of the Additional Issue Actions I have:

//Add watchers
log.debug("Add Watchers")
ProjectRole role3 = roleManager.getProjectRole("Satelital_Watchers")
ProjectRoleActors actors3 = roleManager.getProjectRoleActors(role3, myProject)
Set<ApplicationUser> users3 = actors3.getApplicationUsers()
users3.each {ApplicationUser user ->
watcherManager.startWatching(user, issue)
}

but this causes an SQL Exception (This is JIRA 6.1.7 and DB is MySQL):

Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:UserAssociation][sinkNodeId,null][created,2014-02-06 18:38:11.01][associationType,WatchIssue][sourceName,sebastian.gonzalez][sinkNodeEntity,Issue] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO userassociation (SOURCE_NAME, SINK_NODE_ID, SINK_NODE_ENTITY, ASSOCIATION_TYPE, SEQUENCE, CREATED) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Column 'SINK_NODE_ID' cannot be null))
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.singleInsert(GenericDAO.java:158)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.insert(GenericDAO.java:123)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.create(GenericHelperDAO.java:64)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.create(GenericDelegator.java:503)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.create(GenericDelegator.java:483)
	at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericValue.create(GenericValue.java:98)
	at com.atlassian.jira.association.UserAssociationStoreImpl.createAssociation(UserAssociationStoreImpl.java:63)

Problem is sinkNodeId being null.

Any ideas what is wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

Actually this was not the right place to add watchers.

I moved the function to the SUBTASK workflow postfunction (after the create issue) and now it works OK.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2015

Hi Adolfo, I am facing same issue. Is there a way to fix this issue with parent issue post function adding users to watchers?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2015

I moved the my post function next to "Creates the issue originally" step and it started working.

Suggest an answer