Error when runing build jira source 4.3.3 in tomcat

mihan ayeshana May 14, 2012

Im tring to run build war file( war of jira 4.3.3) and i get this error message

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [jdbc/JiraDS] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc].

at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)

at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:154)

at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:831)

at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:168)

at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:158)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory.getJndiConnection(JNDIFactory.java:187)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory.getConnection(JNDIFactory.java:138)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.TransactionFactory.getConnection(TransactionFactory.java:101)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:59)

at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory.getConnection(DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory.java:28)

How to fix this. need quick reply. i try to find the configuration file but i cant find it in build.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

Is that the context you have defined in your server.xml or context.xml ?

If you have built a war outside and have dropped it on the webapps folder, what is the name of the war file?

if the file name is "jira-webapp-dist-4.3.3.war" check and see if the file has exploded properly under tomcat/temp folder

is there any other error in the logs?

I can not see any server.xml file or context.xml file in created war file. I check tomcat/temp folder and i can not see any file (only safeToDelete.tmp empy file is there).

Error which i can see in log is

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [jdbc/JiraDS] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc].

at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)

at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:168)

at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:158)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory.getJndiConnection(JNDIFactory.java:187)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.transaction.JNDIFactory.getConnection(JNDIFactory.java:138)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.TransactionFactory.getConnection(TransactionFactory.java:101)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:59)

at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory.getConnection(DefaultOfBizConnectionFactory.java:28

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2012

When do you get this error?

While running the built war inside tomcat or while you are trying to build a ear/war ?

Check you have all the dependency lib's in place

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Building+JIRA+from+Source

I'm not sure since when but all the DB configurations are now placed in dbconfig.xml under your home directory but you need to configure tomcat for transaction related atributes

have a look at the installation instructions here http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installing+JIRA+on+Tomcat+6.0

if it helps go through the list as a check list and try this again?

Im tring to run build war inside the tomcat. i created war file by building 4.3.3 jira source.

Suggest an answer