Error when releasing project in Jira. "Failed to parse Bamboo plan list"

Asmo Tuomisto November 27, 2012

Hi!

We have Jira 4.4 connected with Bamboo 2.6.1.

When making release of the project in Jira, it says that

Error: Failed to parse Bamboo plan list: JSONObject["shortName"] not found.

What could cause this? Release is failing in all projects regardless does the project have builds in Bamboo or not.

Where could I found this "shortName"? What it could be?

Could the problem be fixed by removing plans in Bamboo?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2012

Hi Zacharias,

I'm pretty sure that Bamboo 2.6.1 is not compatible with JIRA 4.4. The reason is because Bamboo 2.6.1 is using old method of trusted application linking while JIRA 4.4 uses application link.

On a later note, Bamboo 2.6.1 has reached EOL. I'd suggest you to raise a support ticket so our engineer could help you in upgrading your Bamboo instance.

Cheers,

Vicky

Hi Vicky!

Release has worked before with these versions of applications.

But maybe Bamboo hasn't been connected to Jira before. I don't know how Bamboo is supposed to work.. does it have to be connected in Jira?

Can I switch something off, so that release wouldn't be depending on Bamboo-plans at all?

vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2012

I'm not sure how you can make it works before. According to this page, JIRA 4.4 only compatible with Bamboo 4.2 and above. My suggestion is to upgrade your Bamboo version according to the compatibility matrix.

I meant that releasing has been working in Jira before. Some link between Bamboo and Jira might have been created and it causes error.

Could I cut the link off? Is Bamboo useless without link to Jira?

Suggest an answer