Error when installing "Could not use bundled JRE"

Bethany Huenke January 15, 2014

I am attempting to install a trial version of JIRA on Windows 2008 R2. When I run the installer, it starts to extract and then fails with an error "Could not use bundled JRE. Please send this log file to your software vendor. Log: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\2\i4j_nlog_2"

I have tried both 32-bit and 64-bit, both with and without a JRE pre-installed.

Can anyone provide a solution to this problem?

2 answers

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2014

Hi Bethany,

I'm not so sure why you're having this problem with JIRA's Windows installer. Perhaps something is corrupting your download, like an antivirus kind of utility; or you have some other policy implemented on your server that is not allowing you use of an external JRE.

I guess you can work arround this by downloading the Archived/Zip installation package, which doesn't come prebuilt with JRE instead of the windows installer. For this you will need to have Java installed and configured on your server. You may refer to Installing JIRA from an Archive File documentation.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2014

Could you read the log file to see what it says about the actual problem?

Suggest an answer