Error when installing AIO Reports and Timesheets for Jira

Susanne Mandi September 18, 2019

I have a self hosted version of JIRA Software, version 7.13.0. 

When trying to install AIO I get "unexpected error", and don't reach the point where I can input the licence key.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2019

Hi Susanne,

Sorry to hear that you are seeing this error message when trying to install this plugin in Jira.  I would be interested to see if we can take a closer look at the log files created by Jira when this happens.

Either of these two log files should have some more details about what this 'unexpected error' was within Jira when it occurred.

Our Community site won't let you attach these files directly, but you could upload these to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and then share a link with us.

On a side note, you should be aware that this specific version of Jira affected by a number of recent security vulnerabilities.  The most recent of which is https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/jira-security-advisory-2019-09-18-976766250.html

We would recommend upgrading Jira to the latest version to avoid these vulnerabilities.

Cheers,

Andy

Susanne Mandi September 20, 2019

This is the logg file:

2019-09-20 09:59:00,767 Caesium-1-1 WARN anonymous    Incoming [c.a.mail.incoming.mailfetcherservice] Incoming[10100]: Cannot create issue due to invalid license: [Sorry, you can't create any issues right now, as you need to have access to a Jira application to be able to create issues. To gain application access you need to be a member of a group assigned to an application.]

This is supposed to be a trial period and I have the generated licens, but I can't enter it until the program has been installed, which it wont.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hi Susanne,

That specific error message appears to be in relation to a Jira mail handler that is unable to process an incoming email message to mailbox that Jira is checking.   That specific error is also documented in the KB Incoming E-mail cannot create issue in JIRA 7.  We see this error when an incoming email address to Jira is not associated with the user account of a licensed user.

However I don't think that this directly relates to the inability to enter this license key for this plugin/add-on.  

Next steps:

I'd be interested to see if you can see more details about this plugin in Jira.  To do this, navigate to the UPM in Jira,

1. Cog Icon
  2. Manage Apps (Or Manage Add-ons)
  3. The left menu has another 'Manage add-ons' link you would need to click here to see the plugins in your system. 

The page this should take you to looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 12.08.22 PM.png

From this page you should be able to find this plugin if it is installed in Jira and the click the > next to the name in order to expand the details of that add-on.  This could tell us if the plugin is disabled currently in Jira.   If it is disabled here, try to enable it on that page.  If it fails to enable, then we'd want to see any new messages that might have been generated in the logs at that time.

Try this and let me know what you find.

Andy

Susanne Mandi September 23, 2019

Hi,

Very strange.

If I find the app in the marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212942/aio-reports-and-timesheets-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview) and press the "Try it free" button, a file will download which I then try to install and that's when I get the error message, so I don't even reach the part where I'm supposed to enter the licens.

But, if I find the app from within JIRA (https://jira.example.com/plugins/servlet/upm/marketplace/featured?source=side_nav_find_new_addons) and press the "Free trial" button, the app installs without any problem. Probably should have tried it that way to start with :-D :-D

Thank you for all your support and quick responses.

/Susanne

Suggest an answer