Error when attaching a document to an issue

Adam Clark November 6, 2017

Two of my team members are getting errors when attaching documents to issues. It happens regardless of whether they browse and select a file or drag a file to attach. The error message simply reads

File "xxxx.docx" was not uploaded

I can attach documents without any problems the only difference we can tell is that I'm using win10 and they are using win7

Is anyone aware of any issues attaching documents in win7 on the new version of JIRA

2 answers

0 votes
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Dear Adam,

Aside from the points that Eduard gave, this can also be Cache related. Please check if all cache is truly gone.

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

0 votes
Eduard M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2017

Hello,

Can you check the logs for any error while attempting to do the upload? Are you able to attach documents with other file extensions, like .zip? Which version of JIRA are you working in?

If you are the only user with this issue on win10, please let me know your browser version as well.

Adam Clark November 9, 2017

Hi, thanks for your response here is the full error message we are getting below. It doesn't seem to allow to attach any type of document word, excel or zip files.

We are using JIRA software (cloud) and the browser we are using is IE11:

{"description":"Network Error","config":{"transformRequest":{},"transformResponse":{},"timeout":0,"xsrfCookieName":"XSRF-TOKEN","xsrfHeaderName":"X-XSRF-TOKEN","maxContentLength":-1,"headers":{"Accept":"application/json, text/plain, */*","Authorization":"Bearer eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiI1ZjJiMDQ3MS04ZGVkLTRjYWQtYWQ1ZS0wY2M0NTkwMjFkZDEiLCJhY2Nlc3MiOnsidXJuOmZpbGVzdG9yZTpjb2xsZWN0aW9uOnVwbG9hZC11c2VyLWNvbGxlY3Rpb24tLTE3NDAzNjEyNzkiOlsicmVhZCIsImNyZWF0ZSIsInVwZGF0ZSJdLCJ1cm46ZmlsZXN0b3JlOnVwbG9hZDoqIjpbInJlYWQiLCJjcmVhdGUiLCJ1cGRhdGUiXSwidXJuOmZpbGVzdG9yZTpjaHVuazoqIjpbInJlYWQiLCJjcmVhdGUiXX0sImV4cCI6MTUwOTk3NzE3NSwibmJmIjoxNTA5OTc1OTE1fQ.K3p-mwGJnCg3qSWSxo4toie5fPJU9l_3gS3pDsvc4_U","X-Client-Id":"5f2b0471-8ded-4cad-ad5e-0cc459021dd1","Content-Type":"application/json; charset=utf-8"},"method":"PUT","url":"https://media-api.atlassian.io/upload/7e1b9702-b635-48c0-a2ed-324c164deee9/chunks","data":"{\"chunks\":[\"af1d20caebb69404ffc534c3d40ff07409e792d0-112664\"],\"offset\":0}"},"stack":"Error: Network Error\n at Anonymous function (https://d3nacp1kuyzyay.cloudfront.net/atl-vertigo--shard-jira-prod-us-1--2--jres.atlassian.net/s/d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e-CDN/-73xvq5/b/a/22383a8d66cbeb2a9320b80938aad9c3/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.jira-attachment-plugin:integrate-attachment-upload/com.atlassian.jira.jira-attachment-plugin:integrate-attachment-upload.js?

Eduard M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2017

Hello, thanks for the error.

Interesting, this is not an error that I can easily locate in other cases. I'd suggest having your users try a different browser (so they wouldn't have to mess with the IE configuration) to test for this issue. If it works in other browsers, I would look at the IE configuration/settings further.

Adam Clark November 9, 2017

This was previously working, we have been using JIRA for about a year and haven't recently changed our browser either.  we are just suddenly getting this error. It looks like JIRA (cloud) has recently been updated so not sure if that's had an impact?

As mentioned previously my team are on win7 OS and i'm on Win10 we all use IE11 browser. The win7 users don't have access to another browser as its set as default by the administrator. I don't get the issue being on Win10 I can attach docs without a problem but the Win7 users all get the same issue so again not sure if this is a factor?

Do you have any further suggestions? 

Eduard M
Atlassian Team
November 10, 2017

Hi, the error you posted was obtained using IE's console, correct? I would check the following further:

1. clear the browser cache as there may be some incomplete cached response still present. Possibly try InPrivate browsing in IE as well.

2. make sure you can load the page at the URL in the error, there should be a large script present in the page

3. try first going to Edit mode before attempting the attachment. 

The Atlassian Cloud Environment utilises the Amazon CloudFront CDN for caching and serving the instance with content, including how attachments are uploaded and downloaded. You should ensure your browser is hitting our CDN properly, visit the following page and make sure the IP ranges for Cloudflare are not being blocked:

Like Sergei Lobanov likes this

Suggest an answer