I am trying to create a trust relationship between JIRA and Confluence so that I can insert JIRA issues into Confluence documents.
However, in JIRA, when I try to initiate the relationship, I receive the error:
"Unable to auto-configure a Consumer as the remote Consumer-Info count not be found.".
When I attempt to create the relationship from Confluence, I receive this error:
"Unable to auto-configure a Consumer as the remote Consumer-Info could not be found."
What am I doing wrong here?
Same problem here! While I have an HTTPS proxy front-end (to serve the content out), the different services (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Fisheye..) should be able to talk to each other directly on specific ports via HTTP as they all live on the same server. Nevertheless, I get the same exact error when trying to form application links such as JIRA <--> Confluence, or JIRA <--> Stash.
To test, I removed any proxy references from Stash's server.xml, i.e. took out:
.. then restarted stash, and confirmed from the local system that Stash login screen at http://127.0.0.1:7990/stash (I've added "/stash" as the context path) was accessible with lynx (it worked). Then I logged in to JIRA admin (on the same system), and tried to add Stash with the same URL as an application link.. and got the same error that William describes above.
Here SSL should be out of the picture since it's not used internally between the applications, and proxy should be out of the picture since Stash is accessed directly at Stash's port.
(NOTE: I'm using the latest "standalone" versions of all Atlassian applications on a Large AWS EC2 instance, with Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS, and Java runtime version 1.7.0_45)
Couple of questions:
Same problem here. The only thing i did was upgrade HW from solaris to RHEL, and then did a minor upgrade to the Atlassian sw, and all my app links broke.
Both get the above red error.
I had to put in -Dhttp entries in the setenv.sh hooks for Jira and Confluence, in order for the Marketplace web hooks to load via our proxy.
I suspect that the -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=localhost
a) wasn't working proper or
b) needs extra patterns for machine name and machien dns like:
but i'm not able to confirm until after hours, when i can do an Atlassian application boucne to make the new env values take place.
Will re-test ApplicationLink setup after that.
This is possibly a solution to this problem, at least in my instance... Mine would not link when the base url of each instance was anything but the local hostname with the non-ssl port. So, change both sides to the non ssl url, since the base url is retreived when the link is being established. I'm not sure why they let you put in a URL, then connect to it, just to then pull the 'base url' from the remote instance and not let you modify it. So, I changed both 'base url' strings to the non-ssl url, linked the apps, then changed them back to the ssl urls they had. The two applications will continue to communicate (once set up properly) on the non-ssl ports, even once you've changed the base url back to what it should be.
I have gotten it to work without errors, by adding the -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts pattern with localhost, machinenames (fully qualified and short) and dns names (fully qualifid and short).
then all atlassian products basically auto-binded eachother in the ApplicationLinks area (the UI for this has come a LONG way in recent versions. i was impressed). it auto-knew what app was on each port, and i just clicked 'ok' and its been working ever since.
Hello Rob, I have the same issue as described above and I try to use your sollution. However without positive result which gives me the idea that I do something wrong or I miss something (or both).
I modified JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS in jira/bin/setenv.sh to be:
Then I added, since it is not originally there, JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS in confluence/bin/setenv.sh to be:
atlas.embed-it.nl = my sever running jira and confluence
jira.embed-it.nl =virtualhost on atlas.
confluence.embed-it.nl =virtualhost on atlas.
I restarted both jira and confluence and try to add the link from confluence, but when I add the application https://jira.embed-it.nlit asks me to configure the application URL and after continue I have to manually add the link. So no auto linking. The link is created when I try the solution provided by Evan Jensen but that leads to other problems as well.
Can you help me out Rob.
Thanks for you help,
I had same error when connecting JIRA to Bitbucket server and Bamboo. I didn't have any user-installed plugins on Bamboo and Bitbucket. So I think it related to some JIRA plugins. Try it on a test server. Enter Safemode on JIRA and then reconnect it to confluence. It just took 5 minute.
Not a good one that works in all scenarios. I have only ever gotten my linking to work partially (Among other quirks, my confluence can link issues from JIRA but JIRA cannot find Confluence pages). If you are using HTTPS (as I am) I would look there for the solution - making sure that each server is setup to trust the certificate from the other (even if you are using the same certificate on both) that has been where I have found most progress.
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs