Error trying to sort by custom field

John Hodgens August 27, 2013

In the issue navigator, I configured an additional column that is a custom field. If I try to sort the issues by that field I get the following error message:

Error occurred communicating with the server. Please reload the page and try again.

4 answers

0 votes
valentina mannara July 27, 2015

Hi I got also this problem. I think it's a bug for some type of customfield as SelectList, instead for Select List Cascade without associate searcher sorting works well.

Indeed a customfield w/o searcher is not searchable but it is sortable.

0 votes
Edgar Garcia March 27, 2015

I got this issue too. The problem is that the Custom Field had no searcher defined, once the searcher was set I had to re-index the instance. That fixed it.

0 votes

I should also point out that we are using the download version of JIRA and that it happens every time I try to sort.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Look at the atlassian-jira.log file. There must be some error that will help you indetify the issue.

From the atlassian-jira log file, I believe this is the location of the error:

------------------------

2013-08-28 10:50:05,677 http-bio-8080-exec-9 ERROR hodgens 650x33945x2 1u65tct 172.16.3.80 /rest/issueNav/1/issueTable [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.LazyLoadedOption cannot be cast to java.lang.String

-------------------------

There is additional informational log info that I could also include if necessary.

Thanks

Suggest an answer