Error trying to add parameter to SIL Post-function

Steve Ryan July 23, 2013

When attempting to add parameters to a SIL Post-function, I'm getting the attached error. This is a new install of JJUPIN. Any idea what could be wrong? Let me know if I need to upload any other information. Thanks!

(Error adding parameter to post-function.txt)

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

Hi Steve,

I noticed you are running katl-commons 2.6.1 on JIRA 5.0. Please note that the 2.6.x versions are for JIRA 6 only. Please use the latest katl-commons 2.5.x. While the versioning might be a bit confusing, 2.5.x and 2.6.x have the same features, but work for different JIRA versions. All other plugin versions look ok to me.

0 votes
Steve Ryan July 23, 2013

I went to check the version and it said I had katl-commons 2.6.1 again, so I uninstalled and installed 2.5.9 again. After that, it again said I had 2.6.1 installed. At this point I uninstalled once more, stopped the Jira service, cleared the plugin cache, started Jira, went to the plugin page it it still listed katl-commons 2.6.1 as installed but disabled. I uninstalled again and this time it disappeared from the plugin page. After that I reinstalled 2.5.9. I refreshed the plugin page and it showed 2.5.9. I then tried to add a parameter to a post function and it works! Thanks for the help!

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

Glad it is solved. Enjoy...

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2013

Hi Steve,

Uninstalling JJUPIN will not uninstall its dependencies (katl-commons) and installing the 2.5 version over 2.6 will have no effect since JIRA thinks it's newer and skips the install. If, however, this happened when uninstalling katl-commons, then it's definitely a caching problem.

Anyway, glad it's solved now.

0 votes
Steve Ryan July 23, 2013

Thanks for the reply!

Before I realized the correct version I should install, I installed 2.6. I had since uninstalled and installed 2.5 but I guess commons wasn't uninstalled. I uninstalled jjupin and katl-commons, then re-installed 2.5.6. I thought this installed katl-commons automatically but it didn't. I searched the marketplace and installed 2.5.9 of katl-commons. After all of that, I was able to enable katl-commons and JJUPIN. I am still getting an error at the exact same point. Attached are the details of the error. (Error adding parameter to post-function -2nd.txt).

Thanks again!

Steve Ryan July 23, 2013

Also, when I search the marketplace it is unable to find JJUPIN at all, but it can find katl-commons. I'm not sure if that's an indication that Jira thinks there is no compatible JJUPIN version, is that possible? It says I have 5.0 installed.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013

This time I believe the exception has nothing to do with JJupin. As you can see, the exception happens before entering into our plugin .... Please ensure you installed the correct versions (katl-commons 2.5.9 and JJupin 2.5.6) , restart JIRA and check if the error persists (clear the plugin cache before restart).

Clear plugin cache: Stop JIRA. Go to JIRA Home folder -> 'plugins' directory. Delete the '.osgi-plugins' and the '.bundled-plugins' folders (entirely).

If the problem is still there, we would appreciate some more info (report an issue on http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/ )

Suggest an answer