Error to create a Jira issue from bamboo

Hareeshramanapudi June 24, 2014

Hi,

When am trying to create a issue for build it is showing

"No JIRA Projects could be found ,It is possible you don't have permissions to create issues on this server."

How to resolve this issue ?

And in issues tab in Build result is showing me only Key and when i click that it is showing "Unable to find the application link for the supplied parameters "

3 answers

0 votes

Yes Peter ,

i Have done that and i am able to see the created issues in Jira builds tab and can see the associated issues in BUild result tab.

But in showing only ID of Issue . Description,status is not visible

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2014

Hi Hareesh,

Try disabling all other authentication methods (Trusted and Basic) and leaving only OAuth enabled with the 2-legged option enabled as well.

Also, have you changed your project key pattern by any chance?

I'm not sure I understood but, when you view the Build tab in an issue in JIRA, is it listing the builds associated to that ticket from Bamboo?

Cheers

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2014

Did you change the authentication methods for both incomming and outgoing authentication like Marcus said?

Hey Marcus,

You are rightI have done in the way you said.It worked.I have create a issue ,BUt now it something new again . NO i have not changed the pattern after creating it.

After i creating the issue in bamboo it is showing this message.

Issue ID has been successfully created

Failed to link created issue fom JIRA back to bamboo

No Link Permission for issue "ID"

I can see the issues listed in that tab and can access it by clicking on it. But i am not able to see the details beside the Issue ID.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2014

You need to create an application link between Bamboo and JIRA as explained here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Integrating+Bamboo+with+JIRA

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2014

Hi Hareesh,

Did you configure the 2-legged OAuth for the application link? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Configuring+Authentication+for+an+Application+Link

You do need it according to page I previously linked.

Best regards,

Peter

HI peter,

The application link between Bamboo and Jira is created .After that process only it is showing the above error.

Can u help me in fixing this issue.

Hi peter,

I have done with the links which you have provided and it is also showing trusted Applications Basic Access with the tick mark in the Outgoing Authentication.

Still it is showing the same error.

Suggest an answer