Error opening boards

Albert Santamaria December 18, 2017

Captura de pantalla de 2017-12-18 14-39-05.png

When we open any board (include empty projects), sprint or kanban we have this error looping.

We use JIRA 7.2.2.

Any idea?

2 answers

0 votes
Albert Santamaria December 20, 2017

I've tried with Safe Mode and have same result, error looping...

I read the guide JIRA Software: "Exception: Uncaught TypeError but our error do not talk about a fields so it's no useful in our case.

We don't know how to solve it.

PD When I try to attach the support zip it throw an error. Could you give us a mail to send it?

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Albert,

Do you have an announcement banner?  If you do have an announcement banner, copy the text and paste it in a text file.  Remove the banner text from JIRA and retry the board operation.

Let me know if you're able to access the board at that time.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2017

Hi,

This error usually is caused by third-party plugins or field requirements.  There are some troubleshooting steps in our JIRA Software: "Exception: Uncaught TypeError.  The first thing I would do is start with is to enable Safe Mode in JIRA and test again:

To troubleshoot the third-party plugin possibility:

1. Browse through Administration > Add-ons > Manage add-ons and then click on "Enable safe mode" (this will disable all plugins).
  2. Check if the problem persists.

If the problem does not persist in safe mode enable the add-ons one by one until the issue re-occurs and you'll know which add-on could be causing the issue. 

Take a look at JIRA Software: "Exception: Uncaught TypeError for further steps and let us know the outcome.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer