Error on upload attachment

Rik Nackaerts June 26, 2017

Hi there,

When uploading attachments to an JIRA issue the error beneath pops up:

File "319332.pdf" was not uploaded
JIRA could not attach the file as there was a missing token. Please try attaching the file again.

The error seems Edge browser related, as it do work in Internet Explorer, Chrome, FireFox.

Is this a known issue for Edge?

3 answers

0 votes
Juan Saa June 18, 2020

In my case it happened when a ticket had been opened for a long time on the browser so refreshing the page allowed me to upload the file successfully.

0 votes
bshank August 11, 2017

Hello Rik,

We experienced a similar problem here with attachments, but noticed that it was in the ticket creation modal.

After we created the ticket without the attachment, we were able to successfully upload an attachment in the ticket view.

I know it isn't the same as a fix but could help as a workaround.

Thanks!

Byron

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2017

Hi Rik,

Does this happen for all users?  If not can the operation be completed from another network/computer?

I have seen this in others browsers so I don't believe this is Edge related in particular rather network/proxy related.  Here is what I would do:

1. Try an InPrivate Window
  2. Verify the file size and check the proxy and verify there isn't any limitation on the file size
  3. Reproduce the issue and create a HAR file.  You can use the HAR file to determine where the transmission gets stopped

Cheers,

Branden

Rik Nackaerts June 26, 2017

Hi Branden,

I'm not sure that it happens for all users. Don't think they're that keen to use Edge :)

It did work on the same computer with IE.

File was a merely 1 Mb big, and the limition is set on 250 Mb.

I will try to reproduce the issue and create a HAR file.

Thanks!

Rik

Suggest an answer