Error on Project Import

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Hi All

I am trying to perform a project import, and it always fails with this error (note all other projects imports fine). Can anyone help me please?

On front end i get this error

The import was aborted because there were too many errors. Some errors are listed below. For full details about the errors please see your logs. Please note that some elements have been created. You may want to consult your logs to see what caused the errors, delete the project, and perform the import again.

In the logs i get this:

2013-05-28 08:33:08,052 ProjectImport: CreateIssueRelatedData-6 ERROR aich 503x41120x1 115x5dk 127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSummary.jspa [jira.imports.project.DefaultProjectImportPersister] DataAccessException occured while trying to create Entity type 'ChangeGroup' . {id=null, author=gxxx, created=2012-07-30 07:06:29.0, issue=8885}
com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Exception while inserting the following entity: [GenericEntity:ChangeGroup][id,51332][author,gxxx][created,2012-07-30 07:06:29.0][issue,8885] (Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.))
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.createValue(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:366)
at com.atlassian.jira.imports.project.DefaultProjectImportPersister.createEntity(DefaultProjectImportPersister.java:177)
at com.atlassian.jira.imports.project.handler.ChangeGroupPersisterHandler$1.run(ChangeGroupPersisterHandler.java:58)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.concurrent.BoundedExecutor$1.run(BoundedExecutor.java:42)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Exception while inserting the following entity: [GenericEntity:ChangeGroup][id,51332][author,gxxx][created,2012-07-30 07:06:29.0][issue,8885] (Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.))
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.insert(GenericDAO.java:117)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.create(GenericHelperDAO.java:63)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.create(GenericDelegator.java:480)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.create(GenericDelegator.java:460)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericValue.create(GenericValue.java:77)
at com.atlassian.core.ofbiz.util.EntityUtils.createValue(EntityUtils.java:64)
at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.createValue(DefaultOfBizDelegator.java:362)
... 6 more

1 answer

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Hi Rahul,

I see this message in this stack trace "Unable to esablish a connection with the database", it seems to me related to a database connection issue. Do you have a validation query set in your instance? You may want to see this documentation.

Cheers

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013

Hi Tiago...i am on 4.1.2 so i have server.xml and in it i have validationQuery="select 1"/>.

What else can be the source of the issue.

Rahul

Suggest an answer