Error on JIRA when testing my LDAP configuration but my parameter are correct

Simona Persico September 17, 2015

Hi all,

I 've a problem since the last month. We' ve configured a JIRA test machine (JIRA v6.3.15) in the same way as in production. At the beginning all works correctly, but since a month, and nothing was changed, we've problems with authentication ONLY in the test instance.

I've configured a LDAP user directory and when I click on the button 'Quick test' I receive this message:

image2015-9-18 11:15:19.png

but when i click on Save and test I receive this error and the connection (and the authentication) doesn' work:

image2015-9-18 11:16:8.png

I've checked the log and the error code but user and password are correct, the user has read-only access to all directories and it is not locked and it isn't locked.

Sorry for the question, but only three months ago I started to work in this project and I don't know which way to turn!

Thank you!

Simona

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2015

The important bit of that error message is "code 49" which means "problem with the LDAP account you're trying to use" and then "data 52e" which means specifically "invalid credentials"

As the quick test succeeds, the basic credentials must be correct, but when it tries the full test it fails, so that suggests some setting on LDAP that is saying "Ok, this is a valid user/password, but they're not allowed to do this for some reason".  I'm afraid it's a case of debugging the LDAP settings for that user.

Simona Persico September 20, 2015

Thank you Nic! But it is the same user I use in production environment where all it works fine... sad .. I have also tried with another user but without success...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2015

You'll need to check the LDAP server to see why they are failing - it sounds like the account is set up to log in to LDAP ok, but not actually read the data it needs.

Suggest an answer