Error occurred during export before upgrade: Could not find column 'JQL' in previously parsed query!

Trying to upgrade to JIRA 7 and recieved the above error in the browser.

No errors in log

Upgrade was done via  installing Jira7 with local DB and after installing plugins, change dbconfig.xml to point to a copy of production db.

Was done successfuly with another customer...

2 answers

Check this KB - it has some pointer on what could be causing that https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/database-operation-in-jira-fails-with-could-not-find-column-column_name-in-previously-parsed-query-315326688.html

Are you connecting to the prod DB while another JIRA instance is still using it ?

On behalf of Ronen,

The DB is not share, it is a separated DB

0 vote

This often happens if you're trying to use the JIRA database with two separate JIRA installs, or you have other objects in the database (and sometimes, even if you're just reading the database externally).  Can you check and confirm that you have a single JIRA connection into the database, no other systems using it at all, and you've not added tables or other things into the database?

Ack, ignore me, didn't see Boris' better answer.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,334 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot