Error message about failed attachement

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 22, 2014

I am using Outlook2JIRA on JIRA 6.2 and Outlook 2010 on Windows.

When I click to turn an Outlook message into a JIRA issue, I get the error message below. Funny thing is, after I click on OK, the issue is created and the file is attached as expected.

Anyone with an idea why this error message shows?

1 answer

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2014

Hello,

I have some further questions:

1. Are you able to view the issue?
2. Are you allowed to add attachments to the issue via web interface?
3. Does thie error message appear in all of your projects also having different permission schemes?

"This issue does not exist or you don't have permission to view it" is the error message Jira respones when adding an attachment via SOAP and Outlook2Jira only displays it. So probably there is something wrong with the permissions in Jira.

The issue is that the error messages of the SOAP API are quite unspecific. However we are going to finalize the migration from SOAP to REST and this might fix this issue as well.

Suggest an answer