Error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/issue/attachment/AttachmentZipKit$FileCriteria

Andreas Åkerström November 3, 2014

This has just started happening, and I don't understand what has changed that is generating this error. It occurs when I try to attach a file to an issue in JIRA, and only began the other day.

It also occurs when I click on an issue with a falie attached to it (that has been successfully attached earlier - more than a few days ago).

4 answers

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2014

It appears that you're running into a new bug in JIRA Agile - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-11412 

The errors are thrown at an attempt to open the Issue Detail pane for issues that have attachments of specific file type (.xlsx, .docx, .zip, .frt).

We're currently working on a fix for it, however, I'm unable to tell when exactly it would be deployed. All updates with that regard will be posted in the public bug report ticket, and so I suggest that you watch it to be notified about them. Available workarounds are also described there.

1 vote
Ulf Rimkus November 3, 2014

Hi Andreas!

did you check if your filesystem, where attachments are stored, is still accessable or even out of space?

0 votes
Andreas Åkerström November 4, 2014

Thank you!

I'll stay tuned.

0 votes
Andreas Åkerström November 4, 2014

Thanks for your reply!

We're running an On Demand instance of JIRA, so I would imagine that they would have alerted our admin to the fact if we were close to running out of space.

Suggest an answer