Error indexing issue **** dropping custom field 12000

Parsa goorani July 14, 2019

jira.pngThe problem caused in Jira 7.12.3 when try to re indexing and forbidden from moving and deleting issue

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

You have data in the field that the code cannot handle properly when it indexes the issue.

Go to the list of custom fields and work out which one is numbered 12000 (hover over "edit" and look at the urls which will tell you "id=12000" at some point).

Now go into the issue and edit it, blanking the field out or putting simple clean data in it.

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2019

Wow! @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I learned something new. @Parsa goorani just has then 2 new problems. 1) has to be done manually over many issues. 2) the original values will be lost.

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2019

Dear @Parsa goorani ,

uuhh - to be honest, I recommend to contact Atlassian Support. Eventually something is broken in your DB.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2019

Dear @Parsa goorani ,

in addition to Nic's excellent solution, I recommend following, because this can happen again and then it will cost time, again:

1. Parse the issues from the log file
  2. Read customfield_12000 with the REST API and store the original values somewhere (CSV) over all issues
  3. clean all cutomfield_12000 information over all issues with the REST API

This will be all scripted, of cause. Can be reused later. If you need help, let us know.

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer