Error in startup on jira upgrade to 6.3.7

Hi

I recently upgraded JIRA to 6.3.7 from 6.1. 

Although JIRA started up fine , all features working. But i am receiving this error in the startup.

Can anyone please let me know if this is something i should be worried about or can i ignore this?

Rahul

2014-10-09 06:28:11,957 Timer-1 ERROR [atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher] There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event '[com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginModuleUnavailableEvent@7b32309a, SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.onPluginModuleUnavailable(com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginModuleUnavailableEvent), listener=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager@4c233370}]' from the invoker 'java.lang.RuntimeException: service proxy has been destroyed'

2014-10-09 06:28:12,238 FelixStartLevel ERROR [atlassian.plugin.module.PrefixDelegatingModuleFactory] Detected an error instantiating the module via Spring. This usually means that you haven't created a <component-import> for the interface you're trying to use. https://developer.atlassian.com/x/TAEr for more details.

2014-10-09 06:28:12,238 FelixStartLevel ERROR [atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher] There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event '[com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginModuleUnavailableEvent@4e8e216b, SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.onPluginModuleUnavailable(com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginModuleUnavailableEvent), listener=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager@4c223330}]' from the invoker 'java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.summary.indexing.DevSummaryIssueSearchExtractor': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 0 of type [com.atlassian.jira.plugin.devstatus.summary.cache.DevSummaryCache]: : Error creating bean with name 'applicationLinkService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(&(objectClass=com.atlassian.applinks.api.ApplicationLinkService)(objectClass=com.atlassian.applinks.api.ApplicationLinkService))] unavailable; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'applicationLinkService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(&(objectClass=com.atlassian.applinks.api.ApplicationLinkService)(objectClass=com.atlassian.applinks.api.ApplicationLinkService))] unavailable'

1 answer

0 vote
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Oct 09, 2014

Check if all the Add-Ons (User Installed and System ones) are enabled. It's possible that after this exception, there was a timeout one. 

If yes, then restart JIRA with the flag: -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300 added to it's startup properties. (For more details on that, check Setting Properties and Options on Startup.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

143 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you