Error in creating a sub-task for jira 6

Priya Thevar December 9, 2013

I am getting the following error while creating a sub-ask on the create transition of a issue. Script was working fine in jira 5. After upgrading to jira 6 I get the following errors for users.

No signature of method: com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssueObject()

Pls help

this is the code to link the subtask

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Linking the issue with parent

Map<String,Object> newIssueParams = ["issue":newSubtask] as Map<String,Object>;

log.warn("\n\n\nnewIssueParams: ---> ${newIssueParams.dump()}\n\n\n"); //Debug the parameters

//Get the user who is currently logged in

def currentUser = jiraAuthenticationContext.getUser();

log.warn("\n\n\n******\n\n\n");

//creating the issue that links the subtask and the current User

newSubtaskGV = issueManager.createIssueObject(currentUser,newIssueParams);

log.warn("***");

//reindexing

indexManager.reIndex(newSubtaskGV);

log.warn("***");

//link the subtask with the parent issue

subTaskManager.createSubTaskIssueLink(EmpIssue, newSubtask, componentManager.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser());

log.warn("Subtask ${newSubtask.getKey()} is created from ${issue.getKey()}");

log.warn("You're fine till here");

log.warn("\n\n");

issueLinkManager.createIssueLink(issue.getId(),newSubtask.getId(),Long.parseLong(linkID),0,user)

ComponentManager.getInstance().getIndexManager().reIndex(newSubtask)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Script stops because of this line

log.warn("***");

9 answers

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

use this to get user object

User user=ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser().getDirectoryUser();

Priya Thevar December 16, 2013

Thank you for the help.

What import statement has to be used for this? I am not getting the method getDirectoryUser() in IDE. It says cannot resolve symbol getDirectoryUser()

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2013

you have to use following dependencies in pom.xml

&lt;dependency&gt;
&lt;groupId&gt;com.atlassian.jira&lt;/groupId&gt;
&lt;artifactId&gt;jira-core&lt;/artifactId&gt;
&lt;version&gt;${jira.version}&lt;/version&gt;
&lt;scope&gt;provided&lt;/scope&gt;
&lt;/dependency&gt;
&lt;dependency&gt;
&lt;groupId&gt;com.atlassian.jira&lt;/groupId&gt;
&lt;artifactId&gt;jira-api&lt;/artifactId&gt;
&lt;version&gt;${jira.version}&lt;/version&gt;
&lt;scope&gt;provided&lt;/scope&gt;
&lt;/dependency&gt;

0 votes
Priya Thevar December 17, 2013

I got the answer to this

def public CreateSubtask(MutableIssue issue, String mySummary, User newassign)

{

CustomField cfemp = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName( "Employee");
DelegatingApplicationUser cfempv = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfemp);
User empuser = cfempv.getDirectoryUser();

}

CreateSubtask(issue, "Profile Creation - Resume",empuser);

This works in jira 6 without any errors of typecasting.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2013
I don't know groovy syntax, but I just modified your code as below:

//Linking the issue with parent

Map&lt;String,Object&gt; newIssueParams = ["issue":newSubtask] as Map&lt;String,Object&gt;;

log.warn("\n\n\nnewIssueParams: ---&gt; ${newIssueParams.dump()}\n\n\n"); //Debug the parameters

//Get the user who is currently logged in

def currentUser = jiraAuthenticationContext.getUser();

log.warn("\n\n\n******\n\n\n");

newSubtaskGV = issueManager.createIssueObject(currentUser.getName(),newIssueParams);

log.warn("***");

//reindexing

indexManager.reIndex(newSubtaskGV);

log.warn("***");

//link the subtask with the parent issue

subTaskManager.createSubTaskIssueLink(EmpIssue, newSubtask, ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser().getDirectoryUser());

log.warn("Subtask ${newSubtask.getKey()} is created from ${issue.getKey()}");

log.warn("You're fine till here");

log.warn("\n\n");

issueLinkManager.createIssueLink(issue.getId(),newSubtask.getId(),Long.parseLong(linkID),0,user)// also you check which user you are giving it should be ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser().getDirectoryUser()

ComponentManager.getInstance().getIndexManager().reIndex(newSubtask)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Script stops because of this line

log.warn("***");
0 votes
Priya Thevar December 15, 2013

I tied using it as a string. It says

No signature of method: com.onresolve.jira.groovy.postfunction.Script5.CreateSubtask() is applicable for argument types: (com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl, java.lang.String, com.atlassian.jira.user.BridgedDirectoryUser) values: [SCS-1355, Assign owner for BDM -, admin:1]

Possible solutions: CreateSubtask(com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2013

you just try using User as a String object rather than User object

0 votes

I'm getting this error for Users

The script failed : javax.script.ScriptException: javax.script.ScriptException: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object 'admin(admin)' with class 'com.atlassian.jira.user.DelegatingApplicationUser' to class 'com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User'

0 votes

I am getting this error for Users

The script failed : javax.script.ScriptException: javax.script.ScriptException: org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object 'admin(admin)' with class 'com.atlassian.jira.user.DelegatingApplicationUser' to class 'com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User'

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2013

Hello Priya,

I think you should pass a user in String type. see https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/6.0/com/atlassian/jira/issue/IssueManager.html#createIssueObject(java.lang.String, java.util.Map)

I am facing another problem in jira 6.

def public CreateSubtask(MutableIssue issue, String mySummary, User newassign )

{

CustomField cfemp = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName( "Employee" );
User cfempv = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cfemp);
log.warn("Employee issue assignee :" +cfempv);

}

CreateSubtask(issue, "Profile Creation - Resume",cfempv);

This gives the following error

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.jira.user.DelegatingApplicationUser cannot be cast to com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User

Any solution how do I pass the User parameter in CreateSubtask?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2013

you declare User using
import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User;

0 votes
John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2013

I'm not sure what your code's issue is, but jiraAuthenticationContext.getUser(); is deprecated. You should probably change it to jiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser();.

Suggest an answer