Error in Cascade/master links

s@ii January 1, 2014

With JIRA 5.2 Upgrade, JIRA Clone operation creates links in the wrong direction (i.e it reversed the way of showing the relationship linking of MASTER/CASCADE. Master became cascade and vice–versa). We identified this bug during our JIRA Upgrade completion testing and resolved the bug as suggested by Atlassian (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Fix+Links+in+Wrong+Direction+After+Cloning+an+Issue) .

This was the bug in JIRA5.2 which Atlassian JIRA accepted, and gave a workaround. We took that workaround. Our anticipation was from now on Cloned issues will be with proper relationship, we didn’t anticipated it will change the old records also.

To correct this issue, we have two options in front of us:

1) Correct Old Records : To satisfy/Correct Old records, we have to change the present relationship in issue linking i.e., We take out the workaround applied But, then Issues cloned after upgrade(Approx. 30k) will have the reversed linking relationship mapping. For future issues, clone operation will create the links in WRONG direction.

2) Continue with the present thing : Continue with the Present workaround.ie Cloned issues post JIRA UPGRADE will have Proper/correct linking and Cloned Issues prior to JIRA Upgrade will have reverse linking. For future issues, clone operation will create the links in CORRECT direction.

If one goes through the link, JIRA has given a resolution to correct the old issues through JIRA DB update. But, we cannot take this option as its risky thing and being a third party tool we don’t know how JIRA tables are interlinked.

is there any other way to correct old records..?

could you please provide me the solution

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
s@ii January 2, 2014

any one please update the issue..?

Suggest an answer