Error importing issue ExternalIssue{externalId=autoid-2070628689848586821, summary=Registration}

David de la Fuente López August 31, 2016

Por que me da este error, el fichero csv que utilizo es:

Summary,Clave de Incidencia,Responsable,Tipo de Incidencia,Categoria,Fecha de Creación,Estado,Descripcion,Prioridad
"prueba peticion 1",DESK-9999,fpicoa,Incidente,Ensura,17/12/2015,Abierta,"Buenas,Tenemos varias polizas y contratos cuya vigencia paso hace mucho",Low

3 answers

0 votes
Anshul Arora January 28, 2020

Dear All,

There can be 2 reason for this issue.

1) Check issue type of the tickets getting imported. There is high possibility that issues getting imported are of different Issue Type as you expected. It may have different workflow or different fields on the screen.

2) Check date format in your JIRA instance & update the CSV file with that format.

Cheers,
Anshul

krishna_agarwal August 18, 2020

There can be 1 more reason for this issue:

Check the Status name properly.

Example : If the status in Jira workflow is "Completed", then the CSV file must have "Completed", not "Complete".

0 votes
Harsha Shelar November 27, 2018

Hi,

I have added one more column in CSV to map with Status. and i have enter the name of very first status of workflow. eg. todo because i have "todo" first status in my workflow. and then imported the test case from CSV. Doing this my all test cases imported successfully.

TCID,   Summary,    step,      data,     Expected Result,   Status
1,       CSV import,   test,       test, t    est,                       to do

0 votes
Charly [DEISER]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2016

Hi David

Your csv file does not meet the format requirements, you can check this resource for more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/importing-data-from-csv-802592885.html

I will give you a call in a couple of minutes...

Regards

Divya Yathagiri Venkata May 24, 2018

Hi,

Can few fields be left blank while import? 

Last week I could successfully import the same csv in dev environment, I hardly made any changes to file, not sure why it doesn't import now. Now, it doesn't import to dev environment too to another project.

I have the same error and I met all the above points you mentioned above.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/external-system-import-fails-to-import-csv-file-779160696.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/incomplete-csv-import-when-issue-type-is-not-properly-defined-146407700.html

Followed the above links still the same error -

1 projects and 0 issues imported successfully!

Import completed with 100 errors:

• Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-3193429464196132252', summary='Internal Pre and PRD consoles should be restricted to jumphost. But can be accessed by desktops']
  • Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-3595183157424957155', summary='corpregistry has an ejb injection in all environments']
  • Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-2241411063412407852', summary='corpregistry only needs one server running in the cluster']
  • Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-8673940725337750076', summary='client IP not being passed into logs']
  • Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-337310478029586513', summary='need splunk dashboard for PRD']
Daniel Tombs June 1, 2018

Hi Divya,

I am seeing the same issue, Did you manage to resolve this?

Like Carlos Piedade likes this
Divya Yathagiri Venkata June 1, 2018

Yes I did, are you importing date through your csv?

Daniel Tombs June 4, 2018

yes we are

Divya Yathagiri Venkata June 4, 2018

Please check if the date format in your csv file is the same as the date in your JIRA system, goto Administration --> System --> Look and feel

Milena Gonzalez July 12, 2019

Hi

In my case, I am not importing with date fields, I have removed them from the .csv file and even so it indicates the same error regarding the summary of the issue, how can I fix it?

Error importing issue [externalId='autoid-1391853848755993281', summary='"Test issue"']: Unable to create issue: "Test issue"

Thanks 

AKBAR July 6, 2020

Hi @Milena Gonzalez , @David de la Fuente López 

I suggest you to verify the Workflow validators which are preventing you to Create the issues in that project..

I think this might be helpful for anyone on this chain.. :)

Thanks..

idiyana January 5, 2021

i've done many csv import previously. but, this is my first time facing this error in our production environment. but i managed to import the same csv file into our dev environment without error. what could be the cause here?

Suggest an answer