Error importing data

Deleted user May 23, 2013

When i try to restore JIRA data I had the next error:

"Error importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericDelegator.makeValue] could not find entity for entityName: ApplicationUser"

What should I do?

3 answers

1 vote
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

What JIRA version does the backup contain and what version are you trying to import it to? It looks like you're trying to downgrade, which is not supported.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2013

Yeah, there are similar cases where this happen when users trying to restore an XML backup from JIRA OnDemand to Self-hosted JIRA version 5.2.9 and earlier previously.

Also, recently I have encounter an issue with a similar "ApplicationUser" error where the problem caused by User-installed plugin. Might want to check those as well.

0 votes
Antonio San Nicolás May 29, 2013

I've done, was a plugin.

Thank you very much!

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

Hi,

I think that in this instanse, there is not an entity with name "ApplicationUser"

check in your jira_home\webapp\WEB-INF\classes\entitydefs\entitymodel.xml if this entity exist

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events