Error importing data when trying to restore Jira xml backup

Valeriya Petrukhina January 26, 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to restore Jira full xml backup for on my backup environment and getting this error message:

Error importing data: org.xml.sax.SAXException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:Action][id,11121][body,Сhecked in Outlook without SD installed I received same error Bug is closed][author,ekolesnikov][updated,2009-02-03 17:03:12.0][created,2009-02-03 17:02:56.0][issue,12269][type,comment][updateauthor,ekolesnikov] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO jiraaction (ID, issueid, AUTHOR, actiontype, actionlevel, rolelevel, actionbody, CREATED, UPDATEAUTHOR, UPDATED, actionnum) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Incorrect string value: '\xD0\xA1heck...' for column 'actionbody' at row 1)) java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:Action][id,11121][body,Сhecked in Outlook without SD installed I received same error Bug is closed][author,ekolesnikov][updated,2009-02-03 17:03:12.0][created,2009-02-03 17:02:56.0][issue,12269][type,comment][updateauthor,ekolesnikov] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO jiraaction (ID, issueid, AUTHOR, actiontype, actionlevel, rolelevel, actionbody, CREATED, UPDATEAUTHOR, UPDATED, actionnum) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Incorrect string value: '\xD0\xA1heck...' for column 'actionbody' at row 1))

I was trying to use atlassian-xml-cleaner-0.1 tool, reexport xml, nothing is helpfull.

What should I try to do now?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Manually fix the data in the XML?

Another thing to check is the colation of the database.

Valeriya Petrukhina January 27, 2014

It was MySQL server error. It is fixed now.

Thank you!

Venu Madhav November 9, 2014

Could you please elaborate how did you fixed ?

Olive Technology October 15, 2015

Hey Valeriya Petrukhina, Can you elaborate how this issue is resolved.

Suggest an answer