Error firing a Generic Event

Bronwen Stine May 12, 2014

I am trying to fire a custom notification on a workflow transition and i'm getting an error in my logs. I get 3 of these per user that should get notified (so it appears)

2014-05-12 15:30:21,984 http-bio-8443-exec-57 ERROR jboncek 930x1267847x1 12c585d [my ip] /secure/IssueAction!default.jspa [jira.plugins.common.Utils] sun.org.mozilla.javascript.internal.EvaluatorException: syntax error (<Unknown source>#1) in <Unknown source> at line number 1

Here is what i've done:

1: Created a new Custom Event

2: Assigned myself to it in a notification scheme

3: added the custom event to a workflow transition

4: hit the workflow transition.

So, i don't know what is causing this error, or perhaps its just a bug. I did notice that firing a generic event instead of my new custom event, i get the same error.

Running version (v6.0.2#6097-sha1:e270beb)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

James

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

Hi James,

I saw some users having this issue with Groovy Script Runner plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Could you disable this plugin and check if the error persists?

0 votes
Bronwen Stine May 12, 2014

Thanks Bruna!

I'm not sure if it was Groovy, exactly...but its working now. I disabled Script Runner and a few other plugins: orf.swift.jira.cot, Remotable Plugins l18n, request-url-diagnositcs, and finally Group Sign-off.

We're trying to implement Group Sign-off, and i was getting the error until i disable that one too...but after re-enabling it, and testing with multiple accounts, it seems to be working properly.

Its also possible that this was an error occuring when the current-user is the notified user...which is how i was testing before. Now i used seperate accounts and its all good.

Suggest an answer