Error during Jira 4.4.5 Setup - Step 2 of 4

Harish August 20, 2012

Hi,

I am facing an error during the Jira setup.

I have downloaded the Jira 4.4.5 tar file. unzipped and started jira.

After that was able to open the Jira setup wizard from the IE browser.

The Step 1 of 4 - Set up page opens . I Could successfully configure the External Database i nthe Step1 of 4. The test connection was sucessful, after that clicked on 'Next' and found the Error.:

HTTP Status 404 - Could not execute action [Setup!input]:Action 'setup.Setup' not found or could not be initialized a class with that name could not be found.<p><small><small><pre>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Action 'setup.Setup' not found or could not be initialized a class with that name could not be found. at......

Refer the snapshot for the Error displayed.

Now whenever i am opening the Jira through the IE browser , i get the Error page displayed.

Please let me know how to over come the error.

Thanks,

Harish.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2012

Could you check

1. The integrity of the file you downloaded

2. The version of Java you are using

3. What the log file says (catalina.out is the most useful one here, assuming you're using Tomcat as the application server - that's the one bundled in Jira). You should find a section matching what you get on screen (without formatting though) - look for the java.lang.illegalargumentexception to begin with, then look above it to see if there are other errors which might tell you more

Harish August 20, 2012

Thanks for the response Nic Brough.

Checked the log files and came to know the root cause.

The DB user created for Jira had no privilages for the tablespace.

So Granted the privilages to the user account.

Now the setup continues.

Thanks,

Harish

Suggest an answer