Error displayed on a multiple user (Custom Field)

Swarna Radha September 18, 2017

Hi,

I have created a custom field SnP users  when i am updating the custom field , error is displayed.  I have add -on script runner on the jira server even i have disabled the addon, the error remains the same.

JIRA version used: 7.4

Please see screenshots:

image.pngimage.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2017

Hi Swarna,

Sorry to hear that you are encountering this problem.  The specific error message of:

Exception: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'scrollTop' of undefined

indicates that this is a bug in some JIRA 7.4.x versions in regards to using a custom field of type user picker.  Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16073  for more details.

From reading that description though you should be able to at least dismiss this warning and continue on that page.  I realize this isn't ideal, but I would recommend watching that issue for updates or other possible work-around here.

Swarna Radha September 19, 2017

Hi Andy,

Is this issue resolved in JIRA Software 7.5?

Thanks

Swarna

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

Hi Swarna,

I wasn't sure of the answer here, so I went through and tested with with the Jira Software 7.5.0 version.  In my testing I was able to recreate this specific error on the page.  So to answer your question, No, this has not yet been resolved in the 7.5.0 release.

I would recommend watching https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16073 for additional updates.   I don't know exactly when this might be addressed, but when that issue is updated, it will indicate if this issue is being worked on, and what version will provide a fix for this error.

Swarna Radha September 21, 2017

Hi Andy,

Thanks for assistance. Will follow the link above.

Regards,

Swarna

Matúš Klaudíny August 7, 2018

Hello Gentlemen,

Issue seems to be still unresolved - just happened on my on-premise instance.
(JIRA SOFTWARE 7.10.2)

Best regards,

MK

Suggest an answer