Error disabling user through CLI plugin (JIRA)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

Hi

I have come across a bug and want your opinion how to get round it.,

I am trying to disable users through the CLI plugin.

Now if the user is a component lead then JIRA (through the UI) does not allow you to disable the user.

Now i would expect the same behavior if i try it through CLI

But the bug is that, despite the fact that the user is a component lead, CLI says that the account has been disabled (when in reality it is not)

How do we get round this bug.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

It is likely the CLI is not recognizing the error coming back from JIRA and thinks the action succeeded when it did not. I have created JCLI-523. Sign-up for an id on that site and watch the issue.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2014

Thanks Bob, is there any other side -effect of trying to disable such users through CLI. ?

imean at the moment it looks like a safe option since all it is doing is giving you a false message.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2014

No, it is just asks JIRA do it using whatever available APIs there are. In this case, it is using UI base interfaces as there are no REST APIs available yet for this. Which is makes it more difficult to cover all the error cases correctly.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2014

Thanks Bob, i cant get the link to buy the plugin and the pricing information.

Can you help me to the page please ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2014

Atlassian CLI license should have all the information you need regarding licensing and purchasing. Thank you for the purchase.

Suggest an answer