Error deploying new standalone war

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

I'm attempting to upgrade from jira 4.1.2 to 4.4.6. Right now, I just want to run 4.4.6 as a standalone out-of-the-box. However, when I go to the home page, the first thing I get is a NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/web/util/ProductVersionDataBeanProvider.

Like I said, I'm running this straight out of the box. What could be missing? To deploy, I downloaded the war.zip and copied the webapp directory to my Tomcat webapps dir, just as I do with 4.1.2.

Thanks for any input!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

Hi there,

May I know if you deployed JIRA 4.4.5 WAR to the same Tomcat that were running JIRA 4.1.2? If this is true, then perhaps can you kindly try to clear the Tomcat work directory ($TOMCAT/work), restart the Tomcat and see if it helps?

Carleen Dickerson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2013

That was it! Thanks so much!! I used a copy of the original Tomcat dir, but didn't clear out the work directoroy.

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2013

Thanks, great to know that the problem is resolved now on your end. :)

Have a pleasant day!

Suggest an answer