Error date format even tho we have not entered it ourselves

Jimmie Johansson August 31, 2017

Hi, we are getting error of the date format when we are trying to start a sprint in JIRA. How can we make this work?

Skärmavbild 2017-08-31 kl. 09.37.33.png

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Hi Jimmie,

Have you changed the date input formatting in JIRA to reflect these differences in date formats?   If not, that might explain this behavior.  JIRA has two different locations for changing this:

1. The Look and Feel section - determines how dates appear to end users in JIRA
  2. Advanced Settings of the date picker formats - determines how the JIRA system expects to store those dates

I think you would need to make sure that both of these are in line with the date formats you want to use with JIRA.   From looking at this the jira.date.time.picker.java.format property should probably be something like:

yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm

that should be able to show the date in the format you want, and use 24 hour time instead of the AM/PM format.

Jimmie Johansson September 5, 2017

Not sure if I am dumb, but I cannot find where these settings are done.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2017

Hi Jimmie,

look here:

http://<your jira url>/secure/admin/ViewApplicationProperties.jspa

Then click on "Advanced Settings"

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2017

and here:

http://<your jira url>/secure/admin/LookAndFeel!default.jspa

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2017

Strange.   The end date or "Slutdatum" is determined based off the start date + interval.  So that field should be getting calculated based off the start value.  Your start value looks strange to me though, there appears to be an 'fm' value at the end, but I would have expected this to be AM or PM.  Perhaps that is a regional input difference.

I would recommend clicking the Calendar Icon in order to select the date/time rather than trying to enter these in manually.

Jimmie Johansson September 1, 2017

We did not enter it manually.

We have tried to use the calendar as well, but that doesn't either work. Don't know if it may be that we are using the European format YYYY-MM-DD in Sweden, and also use 24 hours? Since I am using Google Chrome in Swedish when this error occur.

Suggest an answer